Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life and portraits...

So a lot has happened since the last time I posted... Personally, I have been working on the basement of our house. We have been in the process for over the last year or so, to finish it off. We have been though a lot. A lot of people have stated that they have wanted to help out but only a few have. That being said, Mike Van Milligen has been a big help through all of this recently! He has helped me think through flow of the space and has been there to help with plumbing and framing and other things! I also appreciated a dear friend John Anderson and his helper Greg Collins who rewired the basement in a day!

On the business side of things I have two portrait shoots below that I have worked on during this time that I have not posted yet.

Mike G. is someone who works with my wife Taryn. We went to Wheeler Farm in Murray, Utah and had a fun time. Mike's son David had a lot of different expressions. I tried to capture it in the collage I put together for Mike. Mike is a great guy that loves his son! One of the most memorable things was David kept on asking how many pictures were left to take. Very reminiscent of my childhood when I would ask my parents are we there yet!





The second session was of Jim and Lynn G.




Several months ago we had lunch with Jim and Lynn at which point they wanted to get their family portraits taken but Jim had just had knee surgery. Long story short, we just got around to taking the pictures two weeks ago. Jim and Lynn have three boys that I really enjoyed getting to know. The boys are full of energy and love being boys and playing killer bunnies (card game for those who do not know). My wife and I both enjoyed spending time with them and look forward to developing a friendship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment